Monday, April 9, 2007

WHAT HATH GRACIE WROUGHT?


GRACIE WITH DAN.
LOOK AT THAT DOG, ACTING LIKE BUTTER WOULDN'T MELT IN HER MOUTH.
**********
THINGS GRACE HAS BROKEN/TRIED TO BREAK; EATEN/TRIED TO EAT;
CHEWED/TRIED TO CHEW; DESTROYED

1. Pens
2. Books
3. Toilet Paper
4. Paper Towels
5. Napkins
6. Letters
7. Packages received in the mail
8. DVDs
9. The strap on my purse
10. Three wine glasses
11. Glass candle holder
12. My glasses
13. My comforter
14. An afghan my mother-in-law made for my daughter 25 years ago
15. The remote control
16. A five-foot-long branch she tried to drag in from the yard
17. Plants
18. A bowl of soup
19. A platter of raw hamburgers
20. Plastic juice bottles
21. Towels (I let her chew on corners of towels - it seems to pacify her.)
22. My pillow
23. My pillowcase
24. My medication
25. Christmas ornaments
26. The couch cushions
27. Cardboard boxes
28. My scarf
29. Chenille Easter chicks (fortunately not vintage)
30. Ribbons
31. Silverware
32. The phone cord
33. My new black flats
34. My best Thom McAn walking shoes
35. Newspapers/magazines
36. Packs of cigarettes
37. Lighters
38. A necklace
39. The dustpan
40. The dogs' water dish
41. Penny's ball (she loves to steal it)
42. Lamp cord
43. Rug
44. Two new sets of rubber stamps
45. Styrofoam peanuts
46. My jacket
47. A little garden statue of a fairy (which she dragged in the house)
48. Penny's collar (while on Penny)
49. Scissors and other tools
50. Kitchen utensils
51. A roll of aluminum foil
52. Underwear
53. Socks
54. Our earlobes (She has drawn blood from both of us)
55. Coat hangers
56. Silk flowers
57. All her chew toys, right away
58. A candle
59. Milk carton
60. Pop cans
61. Soap
62. Plastic flower pot (also dragged in from the garden)
63. Belt from Dan's robe
64. Tube of toothpaste
65. Dan's toothbrush
66. Broken glass
67. Plastic garbage bag
68. Penny's tail, legs, snout and ears
**********
I bet I could go on and on. I will keep adding to this list, and it could probably get to 100 without much of an effort. When I'm home and realize she's stolen something, I have to chase her around and around the dining room table or around and around the couch. She never does figure out, though, that when she runs into the kitchen she has trapped herself. So why do we keep this scallywag? Just look at that face!

USING HER BIG SISTER PENNY AS A CUSHION.
(SHE USES ME AS A CUSHION TOO.)
BOTH DOGS WERE SLEEPING JUST BEFORE THIS PHOTO WAS SNAPPED

No comments: